Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Road Trip


So after the thursday party (it was amazing, free drinks, tons of people. I stayed until 4. In the morning I found out that I cut my leg pretty bad that night, but it's healing fast....) Waking up was painfull, we were still "tired" while picking up the car from Montparnasse at 3. Tom was the one renting the car, so he was supposed to be the driver. BUT, in Ireland they drive on the other side, plus he was "tired" as well...Long story short, we had an accident 200m from the rental place. Tom hit the curb really bad, the front right tire exploded and we had to emergency park in front of a police station. An armed policeman told us to get the fuck out of there, so we did, changed the tire and returned to the Hertz garage. They gave us a new car (Opel Meriva) which I then drove all the way to Utrecht (needless to say, we got lost at least 5 times) where we stayed at my friend's (Alex) place. Right after arrival we had a little Indonesian food and went straight to a party, danced until 6 am (yes, I did "dance", it wasn't too bad since the Dutch are horrible at it as well:). Next day (after having slept 3,5 hours) we visited Amsterdam in the most random weather ever, but it was good nevertheless. We visited a local brewery, saw the Red Light district (the girls there were far nicer than the last time I was there!), had a couple of drinks, the girls got their boobs stamped in a random bar...Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that "we" means Tom, me, Madison and Brat. They're these two Californians who everyone thinks are the prettiest girls on campus (They call Madison Paris Hilton;) and envies us spending the weekend with them, haha;-) We smoked some in a coffee shop and were too exhausted afterwards to do any partying, so we just chilled at Alex's place. We returned to Paris on Sunday at around 6pm after an uneventful journey (no accidents, no getting lost...), and to the campus just in time for dinner. Then it was just a bottle of wine with Honza and Tom, watching Starsky and Hutch...
I slept less than 16 hours in 4 days, and Monday was the first lecture day....:-(

No comments: