Sunday, April 30, 2006

Long weekend

I'm sure you've all been dying to hear from me! Have no fears, I'm back in the blogosphere! (I've grown very modest here;-)

We got the results from the oral part of the language exams the day after it took place. My prediction came true, I got a C1, meaning that I


"Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing
controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices."


Oh well, don't know what went wrong, I believe I should have gotten a C2, but after having learned how other people did, I don't care anymore. There were several guys who spoke really painful French and got a C1, so I have my doubts about the integrity of the examination.
In other news, there was the obligatory party on Thursday. It was much better than expected, they actually played normal music instead of the 7 stupid-house hits they usually loop.
I've spent Friday enjoying the sunshine. Went biking, there are nice trails in the forests around here!
Yesterday I went to Paris with Tom and his girlfriend who is visiting for the weekend. We walked around the statue of liberty area, I took some pictures with my nearly repaired camera...I was supposed to meet a friend from Prague and go out, but I had nowhere to sleep so I had to turn her down and go back to Jouy. Came here around midnight and found the campus overrun by Czech people. Actually there were about 15 of them, but the campus is deserted this weekend so it seemed they were everywhere. I heard a Richard Muller song played on a guitar as I was walking towards my apartment, very unexpected;-) Long story short, I partied with them quite long, so I missed breakfast this morning:-(

Tomorrow the campus restaurant will be closed, I have to find out how to feed myself since the supermarket is closed on Sundays...drat!

And on Monday, we're having a picnic (pique-nique:) by the lake on campus,niiiice!

1 comment:

Vierka said...

Pistiiik! Krasne fotky si nafotil v Parizi! Parada! Kiezby si bol tu so mnou a fotil za mna.... nie len preto kiezby.....