Monday, May 22, 2006

Bordeaux: Revisited


Zuzka & Emil
Originally uploaded by empty007.
Let me say that TGV rules! I was in Bordeaux in 3 hours. And it wasn't even going top-speed all the way. By car it would take 5h:31mins and cost more than 83EUR. This way I paid 70 for a return ticket. When are they going to build something like that between Prague and Banska Bystrica? I'm afraid we'll having flying cars and cold fusion, if not teleports, before that happens...
So anyway, I enjoyed my stay in Bordeaux a lot. The first day we just chilled, ate home-made sushi and talked and talked. Friday was natural-park time, the weather turned out alright. We've also paid a little visit to Arcachon, a small town on the coast, but it was deserted as it was quite cold. Canard for dinner, kudos to Zuzka for excellent cooking! Saturday was lazy day as it rained, so we just slept in, had a great breakfast and lunch, exchanged movies and music...at around 4 we wet out to have a walk in Bordeaux before seeing the Da Vinci Code. Befroe I say that the movie was dissapointing, I'll have to say that I like Bordeaux a lot. It is small, but not too small, it has a distinct atmosphere and is just overall very enjoyable. Did I mention that the movie sucked? I did, good. Moving on.
Sunday, last day. Beautiful weather, not a cloud in the sky and very very warm. Figures. Too bad it wasn't so nice all the time, we planned on going to Biarritz among other things...Oh well, at least I have a reason extra to visit again.

It was awesome catching up with Emil and Zuzka again, we had a great time (I did at least), great food and great talks. I really needed to get out of campus, I started to feel imprisoned here.

Monday bloody monday, had 6 hours of class, back to the routine (haha, I just thought of a great line from Scrubs: J.D.: "...nightly routine: Pleasure myself, weep and repeat"; great show by the way, random humor at its best)

3 comments:

miskousko said...

Well good that you wrote that, I expected that Da Vinci Code Da Movie would most probably suck and I was right! Why the hell do Hollywood make a movie about book when the book was good? It would never prevail... sick cash greedy guys :) And I also hate Tom Hanks to such deteriote his career - movies like Cast Away, Terminal(AAAA!So bad!),
Road to Perdition(badbadbad) - he went from a great actor to B actor in my eyes.
Actually I have seen an OK film yesterday "The Rundown" with THE ROCK :) and your favorite Seann William Scott aka Stiffler. Well if you don't expect a much from a movie, then you won't get disappointed! :)

Empty said...

yeah the Stiffmeister iz da shit;-)
As for Tom Hanks, he wasn't good to say the least. The script was too much as well. The only thing that saved the movie were Sir Ian McKellen a.k.a. Teabing and the special effects.
I have seen some good movies lately though: Closer, Syriana, Constant Gardener...

Vierka said...

Complaining about the Hollywood movies????? Guys, comoooo'n !!! Let's watch some from Bolywood..... loooot's of fun. At least if you are with the right felows in the hall... hehe