Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back among the living

I'm feeling much better today, I knew it was nothing a couple of blankets, a good 12-hour sleep and two shots of Becherovka wouldn't fix;-)

I'm sick of something else though, the business project. I'm beginning to hate it. It seems to me that we are not doing anything really helpful to the company, that we're just used to raise awareness among students about its existence. Right now I'm translating into French a paper that I did for the company last week. Apparently our self-proclaimed team leader thinks they can't handle English, which wouldn't be a problem if he'd told me in the beginning so I wouldn't have to do it all over again. Translating is a pain, even into English. French uses different syntax and everything, I'm really struggling with the 15 pages here. And it was supposed to be done yesterday.

Can't wait to go to Bordeaux! The TGV leaves from Montparnasse at noon, so I'll have to leave here at 10 since there are some works on the rails, meaning the otherwise very punctual trains will run late. I'll be in Gare St. Jean at !5:25...planning on spending lots of time on the beach and having great wine and food (DIE! restaurant universitaire, I'm sick of you)

Ok, enough with this ranting n raving, back to translating...

No comments: