Tuesday, June 06, 2006

LOL

I have heard comments from many of you saying what a great time I'm having here. Let me set the record straight. I am having a good time, I met great people, I'm in a great city (well, close to it:) and I will miss it. But it's not all party and laid-back time. Let me describe this week for example.
Yesterday I woke up early (9am), got the same shitty breakfast (baguette, butter, jam), prepared for the afternoon class of "Management Instruments and Social Behaviour", then spent 3 hours in that class. Had dinner and went back to my room to work on my business project presentation, watched an episode of the Daily Show before going to bed at 1:30am.
Today I woke up at 9am, had the same ol' breakfast, talked to Vierka a bit, now I'm gonna study for tomorrow's "Energy and Finance" exam and finish thee presentation with my group for the business project, we are presenting Wed. afternoon. Then I'll run back and study for my "Network Economy" exam.
As you may have noticed, I have not been posting for quite some time, this is solely due to the fact that nothing, nothing worth mentioning happened, I just stayed on campus, went to class and worked on BP, all the while being sick. Voila. My blog might make my stay here seem glorious, and thats great, because thats how I want to remember it. I dont' want to remember all the administrative problems, the horrible bureaucracy, bland food, the boring people, not to mention business project and bank problems! This post will be a thorn i the otherwise almost idyllic, fun and party filled picture of my semester here at HEC.

2 comments:

miskousko said...

Oh poor Empty you have to study... that is a new thing for you! ;)

Yeah of course I agree with you, being student abroad is almost the same as at home - you have fun because of new things you discover, but cultural differences also piss you off inevitably.

Plus, as a Slovak, how can you be happy in the country where all TV channels during Winter Olympics broadcast hours and hours of men figure skating but you cannot even find the result of ice hockey game? This was a traumatic experience! :|

So you feel the same you as before but somewhere else. Maybe if you went to Bali, Australia or California, just imagine, that would be way more coool!

Empty said...

no way, california, never!!
Now New Zealand, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan.....that's something